ABOUT THE WABA
The Womens American Basketball Association (WABA) is a womens professional basketball league founded in 2017, by Marsha Blount, President/CEO. The WABA’s mission is to provide additional opportunities for players post college. To provide a platform for players to extend their playing careers, and continue to chase their professional basketball dreams. Our goal is to continue to build on the successes of the womens professional basketball leagues before us. Our Teams are community driven, with a focus on giving back to the communities in which we play.
THE WABA‘S UNIQUE RULES
- The WABA season runs from August thru October (including playoffs).
- The WABA has unique rules allow for a faster pace, leading to higher scoring and more exciting games
- Guard driven league results in 40 minutes of fast paced action
- Half-Court violation: the WABA is 7seconds opposed to 8 seconds in the WNBA to across the half-court line. If an WABA team isnot successful in getting over the half-court line within 7 seconds it results in a turnover which initiates the 3D light
- When the 3D Light is on: 2 pt. shots = 3 pts. | 3 pt. shots = 4 pts. | a half-court shot = 5 pts.
- (6) Six Fouls leads to a technical foul and the ball | a player in the ABA cannot foul out of the game, but after six fouls it results in a technical and the opposing team gets the ball. The team that has the player with six fouls has the choice to keep that player in the game or take him out due to the fact that if he fouls again they would receive not only the foul but also a technical foul.